This articles applies to: all SC&I faculty, staff, doctoral students, and PTL
If you are new to SC&I, especially a doctoral student or PTL, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request access permission.
- Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen
- Click on “System Preferences”
- Click on “Network” (usually in the 3rd row)
- Click + (you may have to unlock the + option by clicking on the lock graphic)
- Enter the following selections:
- Interface: VPN
- VPN Type: L2TP over IPSec
- Service Name: SC&I VPN
- In the next window that appears, enter the following selections:
- Server Address: vpn.comminfo.rutgers.edu
- Account Name: Enter your NetID username
- Click “Authentication Settings”
- Password: your NetID password
- Machine Authentication: “Shared Secret”: vpn1@comminfo
- Click on OK
- Click “Advanced”
- Check the box for “Send all traffic over VPN connection”
- Click OK
- Click to select “Show VPN status in menu bar”
- Click on OK and Apply
- Close the Network preferences window.
You have completed the one-time process to configure your computer for use with SC&I VPN.
To connect to VPN, click on the VPN icon from the menu bar.